Friday 14 March 2008

Transfiguration


So again the theme of transfiguration, so much a part of casting wax into metal. Melting a material in one form, maybe an ingot and casting it into another to give form to an idea - artistic alchemy.

Shown above is the athame mentioned previously and I was initially very happy with it. However I had designed it without a full understanding of its utility. As my understanding of its intended owner deepens, I was no longer satisfied that it would fulfil the criteria for the function asked of it. I am actually excited by this - this project is evolving - the object itself can be more fit for purpose as well as being a thing of beauty. So much of me has been poured into this form I don't want to lose it all, so transfiguration - it will be melted down re-cast. Energy and matter recycled, re-incarnated. The bold law of conservation - energy cannot be created nor destroyed still remains resolute even in the face of modern quantum theory!

In our search for meaning, connectivity and fulfillment, sacred objects can be used to gather and store energy, becoming attuned with us, vibrational.

A life without meaning is not life.
If we search for our own personal truth we will find it.
We do need it.

No comments: